The PA Network Against Torture – PANAT – is a network of individuals, faith groups and civic organizations committed to:
- Ending U.S. sponsored torture in Guantanamo, Bagram, and other US bases in other countries
- Ending U.S. participation in the practice of extraordinary rendition
- Advocating for a Commission of Inquiry on U. S.involvement in torture
- Public education about psychological and physical torture in our prisons, including solitary confinement
- Advocacy and supportive care for survivors of torture
At this blog, we’ll consider our ongoing work to carry out those commitments, as well as the most current news, research and policy issues related to our efforts and coordination. We very much hope readers will share their own concerns, ideas, and projects.